Qualigen Therapeutics, Inc.
2042 Corte del Nogal, Suite B
Carlsbad, California 92011
Purpose of the Role
Qualigen Therapeutics, Inc. is a NASDAQ-listed biotechnology company developing novel therapeutics for the treatment of adult and pediatric cancers with potential for Orphan Drug Designation, as well as expanding its FDA-approved FastPack® Diagnostic System. The company’s therapeutics pipeline includes QN-247, RAS-F and STARS™. QN-247 is a gold nanoparticle conjugated DNA aptamer targeting nucleolin, a protein present on the surface of various types of cancer cells. RAS-F is a family of small molecule RAS oncogene protein-protein interaction inhibitors that prevent mutated RAS genes’ proteins from binding to their effector proteins. Last, STARS is a DNA/RNA-based treatment device candidate for removal of precisely targeted tumor-produced and viral compounds from circulating blood.
As a preclinical-stage oncology company, Qualigen Therapeutics operates in a highly competitive and complex environment. The Corporate Strategy Group (CSG) is hiring a Business Development Analyst that will be instrumental in understanding unmet medical needs in our therapeutic areas of interest while closely tracking competitor advancements to support business and partnering decisions. The Business Development Analyst reports to the Director of Corporate Strategy and will gather and frame data to support the company’s portfolio planning, business development and financing initiatives. This includes researching and compiling reports on industry landscape, therapeutic pipelines, relevant technologies, ongoing and planned clinical trials, and historical transactions. In addition, the Business Development Analyst will support the CSG with various tasks on an as needed basis.
Main InterfacesInternal: Director of Corporate Strategy; Leadership Team including CEO, CFO, Chief Strategy Officer, Chief Medical Officer, and broader team.
External: Corporate strategy consultants, database companies
Key Tasks & ResponsibilitiesStrategic Analysis
- Scout, evaluate and pitch opportunities internally to support oncology and antiviral pipeline in alignment with the company’s long-range operating plan.
- Participate in deal development: coordinate due diligence, participate in transaction term sheet negotiations and execution of deals.
- Create financial models for assets and pipeline, incorporating target product profile, market access, pricing, regulatory, and competition.
- Provide life-cycle valuation analyses for external collaborations and partnership opportunities.
- Conduct market research and competitive ROI analysis to support financial modeling efforts to allow for more strategic decision-making.
- Identify and monitor competitive company progress through secondary research, including press releases, SEC documents, posters, and presentations.
- Compile and curate competitive databases to inform management on market trends for standard of care, drug targets, deal-making, and clinical development.
- Develop and cultivate relationships within the biotech community, attending conferences and trade shows as needed.
- Collaborate with Chief Medical Officer regarding publication strategy for Qualigen’s therapeutic pipeline assets
- Facilitate information exchange and meeting organization within cross-functional teams.
- Organize information into compelling collateral, not limited to Q&As, asset decks, and website copy
EducationA BS in life sciences preferred; MS, MBA or PhD strongly preferred.
Professional Skills & Experience
- At least two years of prior work experience required, preferably in either pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or investment banking industry; oncology experience preferred.
- Ability to synthesize primary and secondary market research outputs into key insights.
- Skilled in the interpretation of company financial data and metrics to inform competitive assessments and financial modeling.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite of products.
- Knowledge of business or competitive intelligence databases such as Cortellis or Biomedtracker a plus.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, market assessments and financial modeling expertise preferred.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, preferably to management.
- Ability to initiate and take ownership of multiple projects with limited oversight.
- Proficient planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to function in a collaborative, team environment.
Personal Skills & Competencies
- Detail-oriented — captures key data from large databases and identifies trends
- Ethical — treats people with respect, inspires the trust of others, demonstrates integrity
- Organized — maintains business and scientific information for ready access
- Team-oriented — balances team and individual responsibilities, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests
- Articulate – creates compelling arguments that inform leadership decision making and impact company objectives
Candidates must be located in the Greater San Diego area.
Flexibility for partial remote work possible. Relocation assistance not available.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Candidates must be available M-F 40 hours/week.
Candidates will be eligible for benefits.
Qualigen Therapeutics is an EEO employer